Friday, December 16, 2011

No more Fake Lives!!!!

Well, I just wanted to say thanks today.  I started this blog on Monday after the RANDOM idea came to me over the weekend that it might be a good way to just unload my thoughts. I figured no one would really care or want to read it and thats ok with me.  That, however, has NOT been the case. In four days there have been well over 300 "hits" to the site. I have had an outpouring of love and support from my older Christian mentors as well as "You're talking about ME!" from my fellow mommies! I have received an offer to take me shopping (Whoo hoo!) and a great book about being a stay-at-home mom. I have so many other post ideas floating around in my head so hold onto to your chairs ladies, I think this is gonna be fun (at least for me!)

I also wanted to make sure I clear this up.  See, this is done in "me" time so I literally type up each post in about 30 minutes, come back later to read through it, reword whatever, etc. then post it. I took a few minutes the other day to read a published post and found a few errors in it.  SO....If you are upset by the errors, misspelled words, comma in wrong place, etc. kinda errors then this might not be for you. I'm working on borrowed time (from the kids) and want to get these things out of my head before it explodes. I have to work quickly. I know how to write, type, spell and even place commas but since I'm not getting a report card for this, then please forgive me my mistakes!  =)

On a side note, I want to thank N's school. The Christmas program yesterday was titled, "Why We Celebrate" and every song played, sung, etc was a CHRIST-CENTERED song. (Mary Did You Know, Silent Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem, etc!!!!)  There were TWO nativity sets on stage. One big one, that Santa knelt before at the end, and one small one on a table that the narrator/ family of kids knelt before with praying hands at the end!!!  This is a PUBLIC school!  WHOO HOO!  I have NO complaints!  I was impressed.  Good to know that N is in good hands overall.  Thanks to the administration for that one. I would send in a thank you note to the Board of Education but I don't want to GET THEM IN TROUBLE for doing something amazing. I will secretly just thank the principal and tell him to keep up the good work.

So here is to praising God whenever and wherever we can and showing support for others who do the same. Here is to showing ourselves for what we truly are:  MOMS! Hard working, spit-up wearing, snot wiping, toilet scrubbing, kiss sharing, God teaching, role modeling, floor playing MOMS!  Lets not pretend in front of others anymore.  Rather, lets show helping hands and not-so-perfect lives in order to create an atmosphere of love and understanding amongst each other.  Post your perfect lives and perfect kids living in your perfect house after your perfect vacation on facebook if you must,but  I am going to just be real and let others know that they aren't alone in their pile of dirty laundry and dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment